Taiwan's borders are closed for travelers, while domestic restrictions are gradually being lifted as cases subside.
Can I travel to Taiwan?
- Foreign travelers are forbidden to enter Taiwan until further notice.
- Entry for students, business and urgent matters is possible, but requires applying for a visa.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Taiwan?
- Anyone arriving to Taiwan is required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Arrivals that are showing symptoms will be tested for COVID-19, and might be required to quarantine in a government facility.
- Business travelers from low-risk countries may apply for shorter quarantine.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Taiwan?
- Anyone arriving to Taiwan is required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 3 days.
- Anyone arriving to Taiwan is required to fill a health declaration.
Is public transportation open in Taiwan?
Public transportation in Taiwan is operating.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Taiwan?
Restaurants in Taiwan are open under social distancing restrictions.
Are businesses and attractions open in Taiwan?
Non-essential businesses and attractions in Taiwan are open, under social distancing requirements.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Taiwan?
It is required to wear a face mask on public transportation and enclosed public places.