Suriname's borders are closed for travelers, and many restrictions are still in place domestically.
Can I travel to Suriname?
- Suriname's borders remain closed for travelers.
- Exceptions may be made, and required authorization in advance.
- Approved arrivals must present a booking for at least 7 days in approved hotels.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Suriname?
Anyone arriving to Suriname will be required to quarantine for 7 days in an approved accommodation.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Suriname?
- Anyone arriving to Suriname will be required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 72-120 hours.
- All arrivals must present valid insurance, covering COVID-19.
Is public transportation open in Suriname?
Public transportation in Suriname is operating under restrictions.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Suriname?
Restaurants in Suriname are open for limited hours. Bars remain closed.
Are businesses and attractions open in Suriname?
- Most non-essential businesses and attractions in Suriname are open.
- Resorts, gyms, salons and casinos may open.
- A nightly curfew is in place between 20:00 and 5:00 on weekdays, and 18:00-5:00 during weekends.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Suriname?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.