South Africa's has re-opened its airports and land borders, and domestic restrictions are being lifted.
Can I travel to South Africa?
- Flights to South Africa has resumed from all countries, and land borders are open.
- All arrivals must complete a registration form before traveling.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to South Africa?
All arrivals to South Africa will be screened upon arrival, and based on the results might be tested and quarantined for 10 days in a government facility.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to South Africa?
- All arrivals to South Africa will be required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours, or self-quarantine.
- A health screening will be conducted upon arrival.
- All travelers must present valid health insurance.
Is public transportation open in South Africa?
Public transportation in South Africa is operating.
Are the restaurants and bars open in South Africa?
Restaurants in South Africa are open in limited capacity, and must close by 21:00.
Are businesses and attractions open in South Africa?
- Non-essential businesses and attractions in South Africa are open, with capacity limitations and health protocols in place.
- A nightly curfew is in place between 23:00 and 4:00.
Do I need to wear a face mask in South Africa?
Wearing face masks is required in public places and on public transportation.