Rwanda has opened its borders for international flights, and many domestic restrictions have been lifted.
Can I travel to Rwanda?
- Commercial flights to Rwanda have resumed, and the country is accepting travelers.
- Land borders remain closed except the border with Democratic Republic of Congo.
- All arrivals a required to complete a Passenger Locator Form, in the 72 hours before arriving.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Rwanda?
Anyone arriving to Rwanda will be required to quarantine for 24 hours while waiting for test results.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Rwanda?
- Anyone arriving to Rwanda will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test, no older than 72 hours.
- All arrivals will undergo a second test upon arrival.
Is public transportation open in Rwanda?
Public transportation in Rwanda is operating, in reduced capacity.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Rwanda?
Restaurants in Rwanda are open under social distancing restrictions, and must close by 20:00. Bars remain closed.
Are businesses and attractions open in Rwanda?
- Many non-essential businesses and attractions in Rwanda are now open.
- Gaming halls and mass gatherings remain prohibited.
- A nightly curfew is in place from 21:00 to 4:00 in most areas and from 19:00 to 4:00 in high-risk areas.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Rwanda?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.