Romania is accepting travelers from some countries, and domestic restrictions vary according to infection rates.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Romania?
- Anyone arriving to Romania from Yellow countries, will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- This can be reduced to 10 days, if getting tested on the 8th day, and receiving negative results.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Romania?
Travelers entering Romania for less than 3 days, are exempt from quarantine if they present a negative PCR test, no older than 48 hours.
Is public transportation open in Romania?
Public transportation in Romania is operating.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Romania?
- Restaurants, cafes and bars in most of Romania are open, under capacity limitations and social distancing requirements.
- In high-risk areas, restaurants, cafes and bars are open only for outdoor seating, takeout and delivery.
Are businesses and attractions open in Romania?
- Non-essential businesses and attractions in most of Romania are open, under capacity limitations and social distancing requirements.
- In high-risk areas, spas, swimming pools, theaters and cinemas are closed.
- A curfew is in place nationwide, between 23:00 and 05:00.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Romania?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.