It is possible for essential reasons only, after being approved in advance, and domestic restrictions are gradually being lifted.
Can I travel to Papua New Guinea?
Papua New Guinea borders with neighboring countries are closed, and travel to PNG is possible only after accepting approval on their Air Passenger Travel Form.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Papua New Guinea?
- Anyone arriving to Papua New Guinea will be required to quarantine for 14 days in a designated hotel, at their own expense.
- Persons in quarantine will be tracked using an app or a device.
- This does not apply to arrivals from Australia, New Zealand and Pacific islands.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Papua New Guinea?
Anyone arriving to Papua New Guinea will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test, no older than 7 days.
Is public transportation open in Papua New Guinea?
Public transportation in Papua New Guinea is operating.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Papua New Guinea?
Restaurants in Papua New Guinea are open under social distancing restrictions. Bars remain closed.
Are businesses and attractions open in Papua New Guinea?
- Non-essential businesses and attractions in Papua New Guinea are open, under social distancing and capacity limitations.
- Night clubs remain closed.
- A nightly curfew is in place between 22:00 and 5:00 in the West New Britain Province.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Papua New Guinea?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.