Norway have open its borders for non-essential travel from some countries. Domestically, restrictions are gradually being lifted.
Can I travel to Norway?
- Residents of EU and Schengen member countries may enter Norway, as well as arrivals from the UK, Switzerland, Bahrain, Kuwait, New Zealand, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Taiwan, UAE, and Uruguay.
- Vaccinated travelers from Albania, Faroe Islands, Israel, Morocco, North Macedonia, Panama, Turkey and Ukraine may enter as well.
- Norwegian citizens and residents may enter from any country, as well as family members arriving from some low-risk third countries.
- All arrivals from high-risk areas must register within 72 hours before arrival.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Norway?
- Anyone arriving to Norway is required to self-quarantine, or quarantine in an approved hotel, for 10 days.
- It is possible to shorten the quarantine period if testing negative on day 3.
- Arrivals from countries considered low-risk, are exempt from quarantine.
- Vaccinated and recovered arrivals holding an EU green certificate or other recognized certificates, are exempt as well.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Norway?
- Anyone arriving to Norway will be required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 24 hours, and get tested upon entry.
- Arrivals from countries considered low-risk, are exempt from presenting test results.
- Vaccinated and recovered arrivals holding an EU green certificate, or other recognized certificates, are exempt as well.
Is public transportation open in Norway?
Public transportation in Norway is operating.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Norway?
Restaurants, bars and cafes in Norway are open under social distancing requirements.
Are businesses and attractions open in Norway?
- Non-essential businesses in most of Norway have opened.
- Leisure and event facilities are open mostly outdoors, and indoors under certain conditions.
- Social gatherings restrictions do not apply to those with vaccination proof.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Norway?
Wearing face masks is only recommended.