Nepal has suspended all flights due to a rise in cases, while some domestic restrictions are being lifted.
Can I travel to Nepal?
- Most commercial flights to and from Nepal are suspended, while most land borders remain closed.
- The Gaddha Chowk border with India has re-opened for travel, after registering in advance.
- Those wishing to enter Nepal must apply in advance, present their itinerary and have travel insurance. Visas on arrival are suspended.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Nepal?
- Arrivals will be quarantined until the test results come in.
- Those who test positive will be required quarantine up to 10 days, and be tested again.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Nepal?
- All arrivals to Nepal are required to present negative RT-PCR test results, no older than 72 hours.
- Those who are fully vaccinated are exempt.
- All arrivals must show proof of hotel booking, CCMC-generated barcode, and travel insurance.
Is public transportation open in Nepal?
Shoer-distance public transportation in Nepal is operating, while long-distance routes and domestic flights are suspended.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Nepal?
Restaurants and bars in Nepal are open for takeout and delivery.
Are businesses and attractions open in Nepal?
- Non-essential businesses in Nepal are closed again, due to a spike in cases.
- A full lockdown is in place at least until mid-May.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Nepal?
Face masks requirements vary between areas and businesses.