The Maldives have opened their borders for international air travel, and some restrictions still apply domestically.
Can I travel to the Maldives?
- It is now possible to travel to the Maldives by air, while sea ports remain closed for travel.
- An accommodation booking and a return ticket must be presented to enter.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to the Maldives?
- All arrivals to the Maldives must spend the first 10 days in approved accommodations. Returning citizens are required to self-quarantine.
- Arrivals from India are required to self-quarantine or stay in approved accommodations for 14 days.
- Fully vaccinated and recovered travelers are exempt.
- People traveling between the island must self quarantine for 10 days
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to the Maldives?
- Anyone arriving to the Maldives will be required to fill a health declaration form before arriving and again before leaving.
- All arrivals will be required to present a negative RT-PCR test, no older than 96 hours.
- Anyone arriving will undergo a temperature screening.
Is public transportation open in the Maldives?
- Traveling between islands with no active cases is possible.
- Non-essential travel between islands with active cases is suspended.
Are the restaurants and bars open in the Maldives?
Restaurants and cafes in the Maldives are open, with hygiene measures in place.
Are businesses and attractions open in the Maldives?
- Non essential businesses in the Maldives are open, with hygiene measures in place.
- Large venues and many public spaces remain closed.
Do I need to wear a face mask in the Maldives?
Wearing face masks is required in enclosed public places.