Malaysia's borders remain closed for travelers, and many domestic restrictions are still in place.
Can I travel to Malaysia?
- Travel to most of Malaysia is suspended, only citizens, their family members, and foreigners with special permits may enter.
- It is possible to transit through Malaysia, if going through customs is not needed.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Malaysia?
Anyone entering Malaysia is required to undergo a 10 days quarantine in a monitored facility.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Malaysia?
Anyone arriving to Malaysia will be required present a negative test result, no older than 72 hours.
Is public transportation open in Malaysia?
- Public transportation in Malaysia is operating.
- Travel between districts is banned.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Malaysia?
- Restaurants and bars in low-risk areas in Malaysia are open.
- In high-risk areas, restaurants and bars are open for delivery only.
Are businesses and attractions open in Malaysia?
- Non-essential businesses in low-risk areas in Malaysia are closed.
- In high-risk areas, non-essential businesses are closed.
- Leisure and entertainment facilities remain closed nationwide.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Malaysia?
Wearing a face mask is required in enclosed and crowded public places.