Malaysia's borders remain closed for travelers, and many domestic restrictions are still in place.
Can I travel to Malaysia?
- Travel to most of Malaysia is suspended, only citizens, their family members, and foreigners with special permits may enter.
- It is possible to transit through Malaysia, if going through customs is not needed.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Malaysia?
- Anyone entering Malaysia is required to undergo a 14 days quarantine in a monitored facility.
- Arrivals from certain high-risk countries are required to quarantine for 21 days instead of 14.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Malaysia?
Anyone arriving to Malaysia will be required present a negative test result, no older than 72 hours.
Is public transportation open in Malaysia?
- Public transportation in Malaysia is operating.
- Travel between districts is banned.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Malaysia?
Restaurants and bars in Malaysia are open only for takeout and delivery.
Are businesses and attractions open in Malaysia?
Non-essential businesses and attractions in Malaysia are closed.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Malaysia?
Wearing a face mask is required in enclosed and crowded public places.