Malawi has closed its land borders again, while commercial flights remain operational. Few domestic restrictions are in place.
Can I travel to Malawi?
Malawi is open for arrivals by air.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Malawi?
- There is no requirement to quarantine when arriving to Malawi, however all arrivals are required to self-monitor for 14 days.
- Anyone testing for COVID-19 upon arrival, must remain in quarantine until results are in.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Malawi?
- Anyone arriving to Malawi will be required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours, and might be screened for COVID-19 at the airport.
- It is also possible to be tested at the airport upon arrival, at your own expense, and quarantine until results are in.
Is public transportation open in Malawi?
Public transportation in Malawi is operating with some restrictions.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Malawi?
Restaurants and bars in Malawi are open, under social distancing and health regulations.
Are businesses and attractions open in Malawi?
- Non-essential businesses and attractions in Malawi are open, with health measures in place.
- A nightly curfew is in place between 21:00 and 5:00.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Malawi?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.