Madagascar has opened for travel from some countries, and domestic restrictions are gradually being lifted.
Can I travel to Madagascar?
- Madagascar has resumed flights to Nosy Be airport, while other airports remain closed for travelers.
- Travel from countries with high transmission rate remains banned.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Madagascar?
Anyone arriving to Madagascar will be tested, and required to quarantine until results are available.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Madagascar?
- All arrivals to Madagascar are required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours before departure.
- All arrivals will be tested again upon entry.
Is public transportation open in Madagascar?
Public transportation in Madagascar is operating.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Madagascar?
Restaurants, cafes and bars in Madagascar are open, under restrictions.
Are businesses and attractions open in Madagascar?
- Non-essential businesses and attractions in Madagascar are open, with health measures in place.
- Gatherings of more than 200 people, as well as cultural and sporting events, remain suspended.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Madagascar?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.