Madagascar remains closed for travel, while domestic restrictions are gradually being lifted.
Can I travel to Madagascar?
Madagascar has suspended flights to all airports.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Madagascar?
Anyone arriving to Madagascar will be tested, and required to quarantine for up to 5 days until results are available.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Madagascar?
- All arrivals to Madagascar are required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours before departure.
- All arrivals will be tested again upon entry.
Is public transportation open in Madagascar?
- Public transportation in Madagascar is operating.
- Travel to and from high-risk areas is restricted.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Madagascar?
Restaurants, cafes and bars in Madagascar are open, under restrictions.
Are businesses and attractions open in Madagascar?
- Non-essential businesses and attractions in Madagascar are open, with health measures in place.
- Gatherings of more than 200 people, as well as cultural and sporting events, remain suspended.
- In high-risk areas, a nightly curfew between 21:00-4:00 is in place.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Madagascar?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.