Latvia is closed for non-essential travel, and domestic restrictions are imposed again, due to a rise in cases.
Can I travel to Latvia?
- All non-essential travel to Latvia is banned until further notice.
- Permitted arrivals are required to fill a contact form.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Latvia?
- Anyone arriving to Latvia from high-risk countries, will be required to self-quarantine for 10 days.
- Anyone testing positive upon arrival, will be required to quarantine in a government-approved hotel, at their own expense.
- At the moment, most countries are considered high-risk.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Latvia?
- Permitted arrivals are required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours.
- Arrivals from outside of the EU, will be tested upon arrival at their own expense.
Is public transportation open in Latvia?
Public transportation in Latvia is operating in 50% capacity.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Latvia?
Restaurants and cafes in Latvia are open for takeout and delivery only.
Are businesses and attractions open in Latvia?
- Most non-essential businesses is now allowed to operate but must follow strict hygience and social distancing requirements.
- A nightly curfew is in place between 22:00 and 5:00, Fridays-Sundays.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Latvia?
Wearing face masks is required on public transport and all enclosed public spaces.