Laos remains closed for travelers, while some domestic restrictions have been lifted.
Can I travel to Laos?
Laos has suspended issuance of visas on arrival, and no visas are being issued for travel purposes. All travel must be approved in advance, and registration is required.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Laos?
- Anyone arriving to Laos will be required to quarantine for 14 days in a designated location, and ear a tracking device during that time.
- Chinese nationals from provinces without COVID-19 activity can enter Laos with reduced quarantine requirements.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Laos?
- Anyone arriving to Laos will be required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours, and have insurance coverage for COVID-19 treatment and other related expenses.
- All arrivals will be subject to another test at the airport.
Is public transportation open in Laos?
- Public transportation in Laos is operating.
- Domestic flights are suspended.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Laos?
- Restaurants, cafes and bars in Laos are open under social distancing restrictions.
- In high-risk areas, restaurants, cafes and bars are closed.
Are businesses and attractions open in Laos?
- Most non-essential businesses and attractions in Laos are open, under social distancing and capacity requirements.
- Night clubs, karaoke bars, gyms and sports facilities are closed.
- In high-risk areas, non-essential businesses and attractions are closed.
- The capital Vientiane is under night curfew from 22:00 until 5:00.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Laos?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.