Laos remains closed for travelers, while most domestic restrictions have been lifted.
Can I travel to Laos?
Laos has suspended issuance of visas on arrival, and no visas are being issued for travel purposes.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Laos?
- Anyone arriving to Laos will be required to quarantine for 14 days in a designated location.
- Chinese nationals from provinces without COVID-19 activity can enter Laos with reduced quarantine requirements.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Laos?
- Anyone arriving to Laos will be required to present a negative RT-PCR test, no older than 72 hours, and have insurance coverage for COVID-19 treatment and other related expenses.
- All arrivals will be subject to another test at the airport.
Is public transportation open in Laos?
- Public transportation in Laos is operating.
- Domestic flights are suspended.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Laos?
- Restaurants, cafes and bars in Laos are open under social distancing restrictions.
- In high-risk areas, restaurants, cafes and bars are closed.
Are businesses and attractions open in Laos?
- Most non-essential businesses and attractions in Laos are open, under social distancing and capacity requirements.
- Night clubs and karaoke bars are closed.
- In high-risk areas, non-essential businesses and attractions are closed.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Laos?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.