While Japan is recovering from the outbreak, businesses and services are starting to re-open, yet international borders remain closed for most travelers.
Can I travel to Japan?
- Japan's borders are closed for arrivals from most countries.
- Arrivals from other countries are possible, regardless of nationality.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Japan?
All arrivals to Japan will be required to quarantine for 14 days in a designated location.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Japan?
- All arrivals to Japan will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test, no older than 72 hours.
- A second test will be conducted upon arrival.
Is public transportation open in Japan?
Public transportation in Japan is open with reduced capacity.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Japan?
- Restaurants and bars in Japan are open in reduced capacity and under social distancing instructions.
- In high-risk areas, including Tokyo, restaurants and bars must stop serving alcohol at 19:00 and close at 20:00.
Are businesses and attractions open in Japan?
- Non-essential businesses and attractions in Japan are open, under social distancing requirements.
- Large events and gatherings remain suspended.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Japan?
Wearing face masks is recommended in all public places.