Hungary's borders have re-opened for some travelers, and domestic restrictions are gradually being lifted.
Can I travel to Hungary?
- Most travel to Hungary is banned, only citizens and residents may enter.
- Anyone from Croatia, Austria, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia or Slovenia may travel to Hungary.
- Vaccinated travelers from the EU, Albania, Bahrain, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine, and Russia, are allowed to travel to Hungary as well.
- Some other exceptions may be made for business travelers and few other categories.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Hungary?
- Permitted arrivals to Hungary are required to self-quarantine for 10 days.
- Vaccinated travelers from the EU, Albania, Bahrain, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine, and Russia, and business travelers are exempt.
- Leaving quarantine is possible after two negative PCR tests, at least 48 hours apart.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Hungary?
- All arrivals to Hungary will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms.
- All arrivals will be tested twice for COVID-19, during their quarantine period.
- Business travelers are exempt.
Is public transportation open in Hungary?
Public transportation in Hungary is operating.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Hungary?
Restaurants, cafes, and bars are open for outdoor seating for everyone, and indoor seating for those who have been vaccinated.
Are businesses and attractions open in Hungary?
- Non-essential businesses and leisure facilities is Hungary are open.
- Only vaccinated individuals may use indoors facilities.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Hungary?
Wearing face masks is required only in hospitals and few social events.