Hungary's borders have re-opened for some travelers, and domestic restrictions are gradually being lifted.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Hungary?
- Permitted arrivals to Hungary are required to self-quarantine for 10 days.
- Travelers from countries mentioned above are exempt.
- Leaving quarantine is possible after two negative PCR tests, at least 48 hours apart.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Hungary?
- All arrivals are required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours.
- Fully vaccinated are exempt from testing.
- All arrivals to Hungary will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms.
- All arrivals will be tested twice for COVID-19, during their quarantine period.
- Business travelers are exempt.
Is public transportation open in Hungary?
Public transportation in Hungary is operating.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Hungary?
Restaurants, cafes, and bars are open for outdoor seating for everyone, and indoor seating for those who have been vaccinated.
Are businesses and attractions open in Hungary?
- Non-essential businesses and leisure facilities is Hungary are open.
- Only vaccinated individuals may use indoors facilities and attend to events of over 500 people.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Hungary?
Wearing face masks is required only in hospitals and few social events.