Hungary's borders have been closed again, due to a spike in COVID-19 cases. Domestic restrictions are gradually being lifted.
Can I travel to Hungary?
- Travel to Hungary is banned, only citizens and residents may enter.
- Some other exceptions may be made for business travelers and few other exceptions.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Hungary?
- All arrivals to Hungary are required to self-quarantine for 10 days.
- Leaving quarantine is possible after two negative PCR tests, at least 48 hours apart.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Hungary?
- All arrivals to Hungary will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms.
- All arrivals will be tested twice for COVID-19, during their quarantine period.
Is public transportation open in Hungary?
Public transportation in Hungary is operating.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Hungary?
Restaurants, and cafes are open for delivery only.
Are businesses and attractions open in Hungary?
- Outdoor non-essential businesses and attractions in Hungary are open under social distancing restrictions.
- A nightly curfew is in place between 20:00 and 05:00.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Hungary?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.