Hong Kong is open for incoming travel through land, under quarantine and testing requirements. Domestically, social distancing rules are in place as many restrictions are being lifted.
Can I travel to Hong Kong?
- Foreign travelers arriving to Hong Kong from overseas will be denied entry.
- Foreign travelers arriving from Mainland China, Macao or Taiwan will be able to enter unless they have been to any overseas countries in the 14 days before entering.
- Anyone arriving from high-risk countries will be required to present a hotel booking for at least 21 days.
- All flights from the UK and South Africa are suspended.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Hong Kong?
Anyone arriving to Hong Kong is required to quarantine in a government approved hotel for 21 days.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Hong Kong?
- Anyone entering Hong Kong will be required to submit a health declaration, and undergo a health screening.
- All arrivals from high-risk countries will be required to present negative COVID-19 test results, no older than 72 hours
Is public transportation open in Hong Kong?
Public transportation in Hong Kong is operating.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Hong Kong?
- Restaurants in Hong Kong are open, with a limit of 4 people per table, and must close by 22:00.
- Bars are closed.
Are businesses and attractions open in Hong Kong?
- Non-essential businesses and some leisure facilities in Hong Kong are open.
- Night clubs, karaoke bars, and swimming pools remain closed.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Hong Kong?
It is recommended to wear a face mask in public places and on public transportation.