Guatemala's borders are open for travelers and domestic restrictions are gradually being lifted.
Can I travel to Guatemala?
- Guatemala is now open for most international travel, following the entry protocols.
- Arrivals from the UK, Brazil, and South Africa are banned, except for returning citizens.
- All arrivals must fill in a health pass before departing.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Guatemala?
Approved arrivals from the UK, Brazil, and South Africa are required to self-quarantine for 10 days.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Guatemala?
- Anyone arriving to Guatemala will be required to present negative PCR test results, or antigen test results, no older than 3 days.
- Fully vaccinated travelers, and travelers who recovered form COVID-19 are exempt.
Is public transportation open in Guatemala?
Public transportation in Guatemala is operating in a reduced schedule and limitation
Are the restaurants and bars open in Guatemala?
- Restaurants and bars in Guatemala are open, under social distancing requirements and limitation in some cities.
- In high-risk areas, bars are closed.
Are businesses and attractions open in Guatemala?
- Non-essential businesses and attractions, including concerts and other cultural events, are open, with capacity limitations and health measures in place.
- Leisure facilities and shopping centers must close by 21:00 daily.
- In high-risk areas, gyms, venues and cinemas are closed.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Guatemala?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.