Greece has opened its airports for travel from some countries. Domestically, many areas in Greece are back under lockdown due to an increasing number of infections.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Greece?
- All arrivals to Greece from countries not mentioned above, will be required to self-quarantine for 7 days.
- If random tests upon arrival are positive, additional quarantine will be required.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Greece?
- All arrivals to Greece will be required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours.
- Random rapid tests are conducted at the border.
- Arrivals who are fully vaccinated are exempt.
Is public transportation open in Greece?
Public transportation in Greece is operating in limited capacity, and travel between regions is restricted.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Greece?
Restaurants, cafes and bars in Greece are open for outdoor seating, with social distancing measures in place.
Are businesses and attractions open in Greece?
- Most non-essential businesses and attractions in Greece are closed.
- Malls and shops have re-opened, however only limited number of pre-approved people will be allowed inside. Beauty salons are open as well.
- Outdoor sites and parks are open for people who live nearby.
- A nightly curfew is in place between 21:00 and 5:00.
- In high-risk areas, including Athens, a full lockdown is in place.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Greece?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.