Germany's borders are open for travel within the EU, and some domestic restrictions are re-imposed.
Can I travel to Germany?
Citizens and residents of the following countries can travel to Germany:
- EU member countries
- Albania 🇦🇱
- Australia 🇦🇺
- Hong Kong 🇭🇰
- New Zealand 🇳🇿
- Singapore 🇸🇬
- South Korea 🇰🇷
- Thailand 🇹🇭
- Israel 🇮🇱
- Rwanda 🇷🇼
- Lebanon 🇱🇧
- Macao 🇲🇴
- North Macedonia 🇲🇰
- Serbia 🇷🇸
- Taiwan 🇹🇼
- United States 🇺🇸
- Armenia 🇦🇲
- Azerbaijan 🇦🇿
- Bosnia and Herzegovina 🇧🇦
- Brunei 🇧🇳
- Jordan 🇯🇴
- Canada 🇨🇦
- Qatar 🇶🇦
- Kosovo 🇽🇰
- Moldova 🇲🇩
- Montenegro 🇲🇪
- Travelers that have been fully vaccinated for at least 14 days, may enter from all countries, except for countries with variant concerns.
Non-German family members of German citizens and residents can also enter Germany, including unmarried partners, after providing the following:
- An invitation from the person residing in Germany
- A jointly signed statement on the existence of the relationship
- Proof of previous meetings with passport stamps, travel documents, or plane tickets
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Germany?
- Anyone arriving to Germany from a high-risk area will be required to self-quarantine for 10 days.
- Quarantine may be shortened if testing negative on the 5th day.
- Arrivals from countries with variant concerns will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- All those who are required to quarantine must register with the authorities before arriving.
- Vaccinated and fully recovered arrivals are exempt from quarantine, unless arriving from a country with variant concern.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Germany?
- Anyone arriving to Germany by any means of transportation, is required to present a negative PCR , no older than 72 hours, or antigen test no older than 48 hours from an approved institute.
- A second test on the 5th day is optional to shorten quarantine.
- Vaccinated arrivals are exempt from tests, unless arriving from a country with variant concern.
Is Public Transportation Open in Germany?
Public transportation in Germany is operating in reduced capacity.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Germany?
Restaurants, bars and cafes in Germany are open, with health measures in place.
Are businesses and attractions open in Germany?
Non-essential businesses and attractions in Germany are open, with various measures and requirements in place.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Germany?
Face masks are required in enclosed and crowded public places.