France is open for travel from some countries, and for vaccinated travelers from any country. Domestic restrictions are gradually being lifted.
Can I travel to France?
- It is possible to travel to France if arriving from the EU and Schengen countries, as well as arrivals from several third countries, white-listed by the EU.
- Vaccinated travelers from third countries may enter as well.
- Non-vaccinated travelers from countries not mentioned above may only travel for essential reasons and must apply for a travel certificate.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to France?
- Anyone arriving to France from the orange country list, will be required to self-quarantine for 7 days. Vaccinated arrivals are exempt.
- Permitted arrivals from red countries are required to quarantine for 10 days. Vaccinated arrivals from these countries are exempt.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to France?
- Anyone arriving to France, will be required to present a negative PCR test no older than 72 hours.
- Vaccinated travelers may present proof of vaccination instead.
- Those that are required to quarantine, will be tested again following the quarantine period.
- Permitted arrivals from red countries will be required to present a negative PCR test no older than 48 hours.
- Non-vaccinated arrivals from Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, the Netherlands, Greece and the UK, must present a negative PCR or antigen test, no older than 24 hours.
Is public transportation open in France?
Public transportation in France is operating, with health measures in place.
Are the restaurants and bars open in France?
Restaurants, cafes and bars in France are open, with limited indoor capacity.
Are businesses and attractions open in France?
- Non-essential businesses and cultural centers in France are open, under strict health protocols and capacity limitations.
- Those who wish to participate in events larger than 50 people, must be in possession of a health passport.
Do I need to wear a face mask in France?
Wearing face masks is required in enclosed public places, and outdoors when social distancing can't be maintained.