Eritrea's international airport are open for some commercial flights and land borders are closed. Strict domestic restrictions are still in place.
Can I travel to Eritrea?
Eritrea's international airport is open for some commercial flights, while land borders remain closed.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Eritrea?
- Non-vaccinated arrivals have to self-quarantine for 5 days and provide negative COVID-19 test before they end quarantine.
- Permanent residents of Eritrea are required to self quarantine for 7 days.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Eritrea?
- All arrivals are required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours.
- Upon arrival all travelers will be tested with a rapid COVID-19 antigen test.
- Quarantine may be reduced to 7 days if arriving with a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours.
- A test will be conducted at the end of the quarantine period.
Is public transportation open in Eritrea?
- Public transportation in Eritrea is operating.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Eritrea?
Restaurants, cafes and bars in Eritrea are open with limited working hours.
Are businesses and attractions open in Eritrea?
- All businesses and attractions in Eritrea are open and must close by 20:00.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Eritrea?
Wearing fave masks is required in enclosed public places.