Some flights to Ecuador have resumed, while land borders remain closed and domestic restrictions are gradually being lifted.
Can I travel to Ecuador?
- Flights to Ecuador have resumed in limited capacity.
- Land borders with Colombia and Peru remain closed.
- All ports remain closed.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Ecuador?
- Anyone arriving to Ecuador with symptoms, will be tested upon arrival and might be required to quarantine for 10 days.
- Arrivals from Brazil, India or those whose test result is positive need to quarantine for 10 days.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Ecuador?
- Anyone arriving to Ecuador will be required to present a negative RT-PCR test from no more than 72 hours prior to departure.
- Fully vaccinated travelers may present proof of vaccination instead.
- Arrivals from Brazil or India must present a negative result from an RT-PCR test taken no more than 72 hours, regardless of whether they are fully vaccinated.
- Arrivals showing symptoms will be tested upon arrival.
- Those wishing to travel to the Galapagos will be required to present a negative PCR test from no more than 96 hours before arrival.
- All arrival will be required to fill a health declaration.
Is public transportation open in Ecuador?
Public transportation in Ecuador is operating in reduced capacity.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Ecuador?
- Restaurants in Ecuador are open in limited capacity and under social distancing measurements.
- Bars are closed.
Are businesses and attractions open in Ecuador?
- Most nonessential businesses and attractions in most of Ecuador are open, under capacity limitations and social distancing requirements.
- Gyms remain closed, and public shows remain suspended.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Ecuador?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.