The Dominican Republic has opened its air borders for international travel, while land and sea borders remain closed. Some domestic restrictions are still in place.
Can I travel to the Dominican Republic?
- The Dominican Republic has opened its airports and is welcoming tourists.
- Sea and land borders remain closed.
- Flights from the UK are suspended.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to the Dominican Republic?
- Arrivals to the Dominican Republic will not be required to quarantine, unless arriving from the UK.
- Arrivals from the UK will be required to quarantine for at least 7 days in a government facility.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to the Dominican Republic?
Is public transportation open in the Dominican Republic?
Public transportation in the Dominican Republic is operating.
Are the restaurants and bars open in the Dominican Republic?
Restaurants and cafes in the Dominican Republic are open for takeout and delivery.
Are businesses and attractions open in the Dominican Republic?
- Non-essential businesses and attractions in the Dominican Republic are open under restrictions, for limited hours.
- Mass gathering and events remain suspended.
- A nightly curfew is in place between 19:00 and 5:00.
- During the weekends, the curfew hours are 17:00-5:00.
Do I need to wear a face mask in the Dominican Republic?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.