Chile's borders are closed again, and some domestic restrictions are gradually being re-imposed.
Can I travel to Chile?
- Chile has closed its borders for travel, except for returning citizens, residents, and other pre-approved exceptions.
- Arrivals who are fully vaccinated can enter Chile if they provide proof of vaccination.
- All arrivals must complete an affidavit online before arriving.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Chile?
Anyone arriving to Chile must complete a 7 day quarantine in an approved hotel.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Chile?
- All arrivals to Chile must present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours.
- All arrivals must present valid health insurance, covering COVID-19.
Is public transportation open in Chile?
- Public transportation in Chile is operating in limited capacity.
- Travel to regions under quarantine is possible for essential reasons only.
- Vaccinated individuals are permitted to travel between the regions.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Chile?
- Restaurants and cafes in Chile are re-opening with variations between regions, under social distancing regulations.
- In high-risk areas, restaurants are open for takeout and delivery only.
- Bars remain closed.
Are businesses and attractions open in Chile?
- Non-essential and leisure businesses and attractions in Chile closed.
- In low-risk regions some non-essential businesses are open.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Chile?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.