Chile's borders are closed again, and some domestic restrictions are gradually being re-imposed.
Can I travel to Chile?
- Chile has closed its borders for travel, except for returning citizens, residents, and other pre-approved exceptions.
- All arrivals must complete an affidavit online before arriving.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Chile?
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Chile?
All arrivals to Chile must present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours.
It is possible to be tested on the 6th day of quarantine, to shorten the quarantine period.
All arrivals must present valid health insurance, covering COVID-19.
Is public transportation open in Chile?
- Public transportation in Chile is operating in limited capacity.
- Travel to regions under quarantine is possible for essential reasons only.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Chile?
- Restaurants and cafes in Chile are re-opening with variations between regions, under social distancing regulations.
- In high-risk areas, restaurants are open for takeout and delivery only.
- Bars remain closed.
Are businesses and attractions open in Chile?
- Non-essential and leisure businesses and attractions in Chile closed again.
- A nationwide curfew is in place between 21:00 and 5:00, and most businesses are required to close by 20:00.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Chile?
Wearing face masks is required in public places and public transportation.