Canada's borders are closed for non-essential travel, while domestically, restrictions are being lifted with variations between provinces.
Can I travel to Canada?
- Foreign nationals are not allowed to travel to Canada, unless it is essential travel, with written authorization.
- Some restrictions on the border with the US are in place - immediate families of Canadian citizens, and permanent residents can enter.
- Flights from India and Pakistan are suspended.
- Transiting through Canada is permitted, without leaving the airport.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Canada?
- Anyone arriving to Canada will be tested upon arrival and required to quarantine in an approved hotel, until results are available, at their own expense.
- All arrivals that are tested negative, will be required to complete the 14 days quarantine period in a location of their choosing.
- All arrivals must submit their travel information in advance, on ArriveCAN, including quarantine plan and contact information.
- Within 48 hours of entering Canada, travelers must confirm they have arrived at their place of quarantine or isolation and those in quarantine must complete a daily COVID-19 symptom self-assessment during their quarantine period.
- Some provinces within Canada require domestic travelers to self-quarantine upon arrival as well.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Canada?
- Health tests will be conducted before boarding a flight to Canada.
- All arrivals to Canada must present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours before departure, and will be tested again at the entry point.
- Arrivals from South America and the Caribbean may present a test no older than 96 hours.
- Arrivals by land must present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours before reaching the border.
- All arrivals will be tested again at the end of the quarantine period.
Is public transportation open in Canada?
Public transportation in Canada is operating.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Canada?
- Restaurants and bars in most of Canada are open with varying limitations on operating hours and capacity.
- Some province impose stricter measures including limiting restaurants for takeout and delivery only.
Are businesses and attractions open in Canada?
- Some businesses and attractions across Canada are opening up, with various between the different provinces, based on risk assessment.
- Some province impose stricter measures, and non-essential businesses remain closed.
- In Quebec, a nightly curfew is in place from 21:30 to 5:00.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Canada?
Wearing face masks is required in public places.