International travel and inter-state travel to California are possible, with health measurements in place. Within California, many restrictions are being re-imposed.
Can I travel to California?
- International travel to California follows the general US restrictions, with some additional restrictions.
- It is possible to travel to California from other US states, with some restrictions.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to California?
- All arrivals to California, including citizens and residents, are recommended to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Some counties in California have imposed their own quarantine requirements for different arrivals.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to California?
All international arrivals to the US are required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours.
Is public transportation open in California?
Public transportation in California is operating, under social distancing requirements.
Are the restaurants and bars open in California?
- Restaurants in Purple areas are open for outdoor seating, while bars remain closed.
- In Red areas, restaurants are open in limited capacity, and bars remain closed.
- In Orange and Yellow areas, restaurants and bars are open, in limited capacity.
Are businesses and attractions open in California?
- Non essential businesses and attractions in most of California are open under limitations. In Purple areas, they are open only outdoors.
Do I need to wear a face mask in California?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.