Burundi's air borders are open for travel, while land borders remain closed, and few domestic restrictions are in place.
Can I travel to Burundi?
- Commercial flights to Burundi have resumed, and travel by air is permitted.
- Land borders remain closed.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Burundi?
- Anyone arriving to Burundi will be required to quarantine for 7 days in a government facility, and might be extended for 14 days if second test yields positive.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Burundi?
- Anyone arriving to Burundi will be required to present negative COVID-19 test results, no older than 72 hours.
- All travelers will be tested upon arrival, and once more, after 6 days of quarantine.
Is public transportation open in Burundi?
Public transportation in Burundi is operating.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Burundi?
Restaurants and bars in Burundi are open.
Are businesses and attractions open in Burundi?
Non-essential businesses and attractions in Burundi are open.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Burundi?
Wearing face masks is recommended in Burundi.