Bulgaria's borders are open for some countries, while some domestic restrictions are introduced again. Bulgaria is under SOE until November 30th.
Can I travel to Bulgaria?
- Citizens and residents of most EU and Schengen member countries can travel to Bulgaria.
- Arrivals from third-countries that are not considered red are permitted if tested, recovered or vaccinated.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Bulgaria?
- Those arriving from green countries, without test results or proof of vaccination, will be required to self-quarantine until testing negative.
- Permitted arrivals from red countries will be required to self-quarantine for 10 days, regardless of test results.
- Individuals can shorten quarantine by presenting a negative PCR test taken within 24 hours after the arrival.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Bulgaria?
- Anyone entering Bulgaria will be required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours, or get tested within 24 hours of arrival.
- Arrivals who are fully vaccinated or recovered from COVID-19 are exempt.
Is public transportation open in Bulgaria?
Public transportation in Bulgaria is operating.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Bulgaria?
Restaurants, cafes and bars in Bulgaria are open, in a limited capacity.
Are businesses and attractions open in Bulgaria?
Non-essential businesses and attractions in Bulgaria are open with capacity limitations.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Bulgaria?
Wearing a face mask is required in enclosed public places.