The British Virgin Islands are open for travelers by air under some protocols, and domestic restrictions are almost fully lifted.
Can I travel to the BVI?
- It is possible to travel to the British Virgin Islands by air.
- All travelers must apply for authorization in advance, at the BVI Gateway Portal. Applications must begin more than 48 hours before arrival.
- All arrivals must download and install the BVI Gateway app, and pay $175 entry fee.
- Travel from the UK, Brazil, South Africa and the Dominican Republic is banned, except for returning citizens, residents and approved travel.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to the BVI**?**
- Anyone arriving to the BVI will be required to quarantine for 5 days in an approved location.
- Permitted arrivals from the UK, Brazil, South Africa and the Dominican Republic are required to quarantine for 14 days.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to the BVI**?**
- All arrivals must present negative PCR test results, dated no more than 5 days before arrival.
- All arrivals will be tested again upon entry.
- Another test is required after 4 days.
- All arrivals must present medical insurance covering COVID-19.
- Permitted arrivals from the UK, Brazil, South Africa and the Dominican Republic must get tested upon arrival, and on days 7 and 14 of their quarantine.
Is public transportation open in the BVI?
Public transportation in the BVI is operating.
Are the restaurants and bars open in the BVI?
Restaurants, cafes and bars in the BVI are open, with health measures in place.
Are businesses and attractions open in the BVI?
- Non-essential businesses and attractions in the BVI are open, with health measures in place.
- A nightly curfew is in place between 2:00 and 5:00.
Do I need to wear a face mask in the BVI?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.