Brazil is now open for arrivals by air and some land borders are open while sea borders remain closed for foreigners, and some restrictions are still in place domestically.
Can I travel to Brazil?
- Brazil has opened its borders for international travel by air. Land borders with neighboring countries, as well as arrival by sea, remain closed.
- Land border with Paraguay is open.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Brazil?
There is no requirement to quarantine when arriving to Brazil currently in place.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Brazil?
- All arrivals must fill in a health declaration.
- All arrivals must present a negative RT-PCR test, no older than 72 hours, or a rapid antigen test, no older than 24 hours.
Is Public Transportation Open in Brazil?
Public transportation in Brazil is suspended in some areas, and reduced in others.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Brazil?
- Restaurants cafes, and bars in most of Brazil are open, with health measures in place.
Are businesses and attractions open in Brazil?
- Non-essential businesses and attractions are open in most of Brazil.
- Some high-risk states have imposed additional restrictions, such as a nightly curfew and closure of nonessential businesses and leisure facilities.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Brazil?
Face masks are required in public places and on public transportation.