It is possible to travel to Benin, however flights are limited and many restrictions are in place domestically.
Can I travel to Benin?
- Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport is open, though flight options are limited, and land borders remain closed for leisure travel.
- All arrivals must register in advance.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Benin?
- Anyone arriving to Benin will be required to self-quarantine for at least 72 hours, until test results are in.
- If tested positive, additional quarantine will be required, in a government facility.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Benin?
- Anyone entering Benin will be required to undergo a health test at the cost of $165 USD.
- All passengers are required to present proof they can pay for these screenings before departing.
Is public transportation open in Benin?
Public transportation in Benin is operating in limited capacity.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Benin?
Restaurants and bars in Benin are open, with health measurement in place.
Are businesses and attractions open in Benin?
Non-essential businesses and attractions in Benin are open, with health measurement in place.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Benin?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.