Belize has re-opened its international airport, and domestic restrictions are gradually being lifted.
Can I travel to Belize?
- Travel to Belize is possible through its main airport. Some maritime borders are open.
- It is required to book accommodations in advance, in an approved location.
- All arrivals must download the Belize Health App and register within 72 hours before arriving.
- However, the country's land ports of entry remain closed to most nonresident foreign nationals.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Belize?
Anyone arriving to Belize might be required to quarantine in a government approved location, for 14 days, if showing symptoms or tested positive.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Belize?
- Anyone arriving to Belize will be required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 96 hours, or take one upon arrival, at their own expense.
- Fully vaccinated travelers are exempt from this requirement.
- All arrivals must download the Belize Health App prior to travel, and complete the required information.
Is public transportation open in Belize?
Public transportation in Belize is operating in limited capacity.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Belize?
Restaurants and cafes in Belize are open for outdoor seating. Bars are closed.
Are businesses and attractions open in Belize?
- Most non-essential businesses and facilities in Belize are open. Night clubs remain closed.
- A nightly curfew is in place between 22:00 and 4:00 Sundays to Wednesday, 00:00-05:00 Thursday to Saturdays, and run from 18:00-5:00 for minors.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Belize?
Face masks are required in all public places.